Sunday, January 1, 2012

Year Of A Million Words

Alright, so since I completely forgot about my post last week, I'm going to do it today and then continue on our regular schedule.

I thought I'd talk about something crazy that started today and goes through the end of the year. It's called the Year of A Million Words. It's not an official challenge like NaNoWriMo, but it's a challenge none the less and I'm going to do it. It's crazy, it's insane, and I'm probably not going to finish, but I sort of want to prove to myself that I can finish.

So the goal of this challenge is to write a million words in a year like the name says. That equals to 2,400 words each day, which isn't much. I can write about that many in a day with NaNoWriMo and there were even days I went above and beyond that so I know it's possible. The only problem is going to be forcing myself to write every day. It would be easier if I didn't have life to worry about, but what can you do?

I also just got a message from Sydney saying that she's up for the challenge. If you want to keep score, there are word counts up on the side of the page where you can keep track with us.

Challenge for my gurrrls: Join in on the Year Of A Million Words.

Until next time!

Author: David Foster Wallace

No comments:

Post a Comment