Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Awesome Book Launch

Yesterday, I had the amazing pleasure of attending the book launch of Everneath by Brodi Ashton. I thought I'd share some of the fun experience I had.

To start off, I'll just say that that parking was completely impossible to find and we ended up parking half a block away and walking. We arrived only a couple of minutes late, but we decided to buy the book from King's English, the local bookstore who was hosting the launch. When we got into the launch at the 15th Street Gallery, it was packed with an insane amount of people. We couldn't really see much, but it was fun to hear about publishing experience.


After that, we made our way to the line for the book signing, which was out the door. It took us about ten minutes to get into the small bookstore, where it was extremely claustrophobic. As we waited, we had some awesome conversations and even began to read the book.


There were some awesome treats for us as we waited in line, including a cake that had the cover of the book on it. Unfortunately, I couldn't get a picture of it, but you can imagine. Once we got up to the front of the line, we met a very amazing author. My favorite signings are always the local authors because it's so surreal to know that authors don't live in some mythical world.


The picture above is a picture of my friend Brittany (left) and Brodi (right).

She was such an amazing person to meet and her book is brilliant. I'm only two chapters in so far thanks to work and other commitments, but I'm totally hooked. When I finish the book, I'll post a review and let you know my thoughts.


Check out Everneath by Brodi Ashton!

Until next time!

1 comment: