Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Not Late

This post isn't late. It is being written exactly when I wanted to write it. Now, let's all believe that is true.

I don't have a catchy segue or a heartfelt post for this week. I started back to school, I started a new job, my fiance started ball tournaments. Life is crazy right now. And even though I have not written hardly anything all year (haha) I have not given up. I was listening to an old Hogwarts Radio episode with John Granger and he reminded me that J.K. Rowling took a long time to write her book because she did so much planning. So that is where I am at. I have my idea, I have a few details, now I am just planning. If a scene comes to me I write it down, but for the most part I am just trying to figure out how this story will unfold. So I guess my advice for this week never throw anything away. Whatever idea you have write it down or type it out and catalog it. It may not go anywhere or it may develop into a story itself. You can always go back to this list of ideas when you get stuck on another story and use one as a springboard to get going again. Just don't give up or think an idea is stupid. You never know where it will take your story.

Author: J. D. Salinger

No comments:

Post a Comment