Sunday, January 22, 2012

This post has NOT been censored

I know, I know. I promised that my post would be on time this week. And then Friday came around, and I had school, and homework, and a school dance at night. So I'm sorry that I wasn't on time. Now I thought that today I would talk about my viewpoint on censorship, like Mandy. I have always had a viewpoint on censorship, for almost as long as I can remember. My mom, never a huge reader herself, never bothers to "check" what I'm reading. So I've been allowed to read anything I want, from vampire books to wizard books, books about succubi and sex, to books about teenagers and hard drugs. And I think that's made me believe that parents shouldn't censor what their children read. My opinion is that if a child is willing to read, you shouldn't stop them. Because what if, in stopping them, you take away their desire to read? As it is, plenty of kids these days would much rather do anything thats not reading, so its rare, at least from what I've seen, when a kid wants to read. When I started up my school's book club this year, the ASB President said "Who reads for fun?!" I was shocked. But I suppose I shouldn't have been. Anyways, I think censorship, of anything, is wrong. People should be allowed to make their own opinions on anything, instead of being forced to not read or do something because its the law.

In other news [caution, possible rant ahead], as I sat down to write this, my mom came over to the computer and said "What are you doing?", in that tone that means "You're probably doing something that I wouldn't approve of." So she starts reading the screen, and I say "Oh, I'm just blogging," which I know is something she probably wouldn't approve of (she's evil, and crazy overprotective), and she replies "And did I ever say you could have a blog? Oh, no, I didn't. But you don't care, do you? Of course you don't. I just answered my own question." I wanted to say something, but was so angry that I couldn't get anything to come out. It's not like I should have to ask her about everything I do, is it? I mean, I made my email account when I was seven, and she never got mad about that. I don't know. Sometimes (A.K.A. every day) I just wish that I was already in college, living far, FAR away from California, with no one to answer to but myself. Le sigh. Oh well, one day soon. Much love.

My author: Ray Bradbury

No comments:

Post a Comment