Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Life Gets in the Way... And That's Okay!

First of all, I would like to apologize for the extreme delay in my post. Normally this post would have come on a Friday, but instead, life got the best of me. What exactly I got caught up in, I can't remember, but I'm sure it was important at the time. But while I wasn't on here posting, I came up with a few great ideas for stories that I want to start (see my word goal for the year? It's finally got some numbers in it :P). And the point of my post is that it is 100% okay if you don't write for a few days, or even weeks at a time. Because sometimes, it might seem like a daunting task, or you just might not be feeling it. Sometimes you just need to get your mind off of writing. And sometimes, there are things that need to be done before you can sit down and write for the day. And during the off time, things can become clearer. You can come up with ideas that you might not have otherwise come up with. So don't be discouraged if you don't write for a few days, or even weeks. Because you can always pick up where you left off.

In response to Mandy's question, why all of us gurrrls write, I feel my answer is quite simple. I write to escape whatever thoughts I might be thinking or problems I might be having. Sometimes life just gets to be too much for me, and I'll break down and become an emotional wreck. I've only found two things that will help me cope so far: reading a book whilst cranking music into my ears to drown out all thought, and writing. Writing is the best form of relief that I can think of. And of course, I know I can always talk to my gurrrls, especially Sydney, who seems to know exactly what to say when I'm feeling overwhelmed. So to all of the wonderful authors out there, my computer (or in dire situations, paper), and my gurrrls, thank you, for always being there for me.

My author: Cory Doctorow

P.S. I promise I'll be on time this week :D

No comments:

Post a Comment