Thursday, January 12, 2012

Writer's Block

My gurrrl Mandy asked us all a question in her last post. She wanted to know why each of us write. I don't really have a definitive answer to that. I've also had fanciful daydreams of stories and such. I remember when I was younger I wrote a story about a little boy that turned into an orange. However, it was, I believe, my freshman year in high school when I realized that I loved to write. I'd had a project to write a romantic novella and when I started, I couldn't stop. I loved writing it so much and when my friends and teacher read it, they said they loved reading it. After that, I've just continued writing because I love it. I can just get lost in my writing and I'm just so relaxed. I personally don't think I'm that great of a writer, but I love writing so I continue to do so. So, there's your answer, Mandy!

Now on to my topic...

Each week I face writer's block when it comes to my blog post. Everyday I try to come up my next topic and I draw a blank. I don't usually decide what I'm going to write about until I sit down to actually write about. This week I had a topic a few days ago, but due to my goldfish memory, I've forgotten it. Then, the writer's block was back. Finally, I decided to write about this, seeing as that's what this blog is for: our inspirations and difficulties as writers.

We all have writer's block, but we all handle it in different ways. When I'm faced with a block, I stop writing. Obviously I can't do that with this blog, because I've got my day to post, but I do so with my personal writing. If I can't think of anything and have truly hit a block, I don't like to force myself. I just put away my things and go about my day. Once I let my brain wander, I usually find a way to get past the block. That's my trick: let your brain work it out, instead of trying so hard.

So, readers, what is your way around writer's block? What about you, blog sisters? Tell me!

Goodbye until next week!

Author: Cory Doctorow


No comments:

Post a Comment