Friday, January 27, 2012

Great Books

I am on time! Soooo... yeah :P haha I made sure that I was going to be on time, just so I wouldn't get criticized. (Love you gurrrls! <3:Dx) Now what to write about...

I suppose I'll write about reading. Oh how creative of me, right? Last night, I started reading The Fault in Our Stars by John Green (I know Sydney has read this book, I don't know if any of the other Tripppy gurrrls have), and the book had me crying and laughing simultaneously, and that was by page 25. And though it was late, I had to keep reading. After I got past chapter five, I decided I'd put it down so I could get a decent night's sleep. But I wanted to stay up ALL night to finish it. And it hit me how I hadn't read a book like that in a long time, where I didn't care how crabby I was the next day, or if I fell asleep in clas, that I just wanted to keep reading. And so now that is one of my goals in my own writing, is to make those kinds of books. The ones that everyone anticipates, and devours in a few hours. I doubt if I'll ever have the skill to do that, but a girl can dream, right?

So I have a question to my gurrrls. What book(s) have you read recently that have had you hooked on them? Because I'm always looking to expand my reading arsenal, and I'm sure others are too. Also, I am incredibly jealous that Mandy got to go to a book launch :P

My Author: Ray Bradbury

No comments:

Post a Comment