Friday, January 6, 2012

Let the Sleep Deprivation Begin

First of all, I'd like to start off with an apology for not posting last Friday. Life got crazy, there was so much to do in preparation for the Rose Parade (which was quite fun, by the way), and in all of the craziness, I completely forgot to post. So I'm sorry if you were patiently waiting around all Friday, wondering "When is Bailey going to post?!?"

I'll answer my own challenge to the gurrrls first before I get into whatever nonsense that's about to follow. My new year's resloutions. I sat around for the majority of the day on New Years Eve, thinking to myself What the heck am I going to do about my new year's resolutions? So I started thinking about things that I'd like to do more, or do better. And then I finally decided that I was going to write more often. I love writing, but so often, I have to put it off until another day because I'm "too tired" or "too busy" to write. So I promised myself that I was going to write more in the new year. And as an additional goal, I would like to finish writing at least one book this year. So there you have it.

Now like Amy said, all of the bloggers here have set word goals for the year. And as you can see, Mandy and I have to decided to make ourselves insane all year and are shooting to finish the Year of a Million Words. When I first heard that Mandy was going to do it, I thought she was insane. I remembered how I horribly failed this past year at NaNoWriMo (no winning here), and wondered if I'd even attempt the million. And then I reminded myself of my for this year, and how I wanted to write more. So I figured "why not?" If I don't finish the million words, well at least I can say that I attempted it, just like I attempted NaNo last year. And if I finish it? Well, I'll probably throw a huge party for myself. And by huge, I mean I'll probably make a "Congratulations" cake for myself and eat the whole thing.

So until next time, much love.

My author: Cory Doctorow

p.s. Out of curiosity, I posted my "goodbye" letter to Hogwarts Radio into http://iwl.me and I am pleased to say that my author for that was J.K. Rowling :)

No comments:

Post a Comment