Wednesday, March 14, 2012

The Savage Grace by Bree Despain Book Launch

Okay, in the spirit of my enjoyment of author signings and book launches, I'm going to talk about another launch party, this time for The Savage Grace by Bree Despain.

The Savage Grace is the third book in The Dark Divine trilogy following The Dark Divine and The Lost Saint. I first came across the first book when Bree was doing a signing at the movie theater during a midnight release of one of the Twilight movies. And, me being the nerd I am, had to buy it because it's a book and the synopsis on the back sounded pretty awesome.

So anyways, about two weeks ago, I got a text from a friend of mine saying "TSG comes out on March 13. We're going." Of course, we basically said the same thing to another friend of ours and that other friend brought another friend, meaning the four of us piled into my Mazda and drove to King's English. What makes these friends absolutely awesome is that there was another book launch by Brandon Mull, but they decided to come with me to this one.

Arriving at the bookstore, we decided to buy our books before going to the Gallery two doors down where the release was being held. Considering one of my friends has gone with me to a lot of signings and was only just purchasing The Dark Divine, shows you how much I had to bother her to actually buy something this time.

Me With The Savage Grace
So, going into the gallery, we were given a questionnaire with trivia having to do with the first two books. Unfortunately, my issue with double guessing myself reared its ugly head and I didn't get as many answers as I could possibly get. There were some awesome prizes for those who aced the trivia, though, such as a moonstone ring and a box of Chocolate Cinnamon Bears.



Bree spoke about what it was like to finish a series, about her kittens divine, and, of course, Taylor Kitsch. We were able to hear her read a part of The Savage Grace and even got a small summary of what her next series is about -- Fall 2013 can't come soon enough.

Compared to a couple other book signings we've been to, this line wasn't too long to wait in. We got our books signed and got some pictures with her.

Maegen and Bree Despain

Mandy and Bree Despain
I think one of my favorite things about going to Bree's signings, besides being able to say hello and have a new book, is the fact that there's always nail polish that goes with the book covers. I have them sitting on my dresser waiting for me to use if I ever get time to sit down and do it.

After the signing, we all went to Village Inn and literally sat for two hours just talking and playing Draw Something on my iPod, which Marissa can tell you about.

Here's a summary about The Dark Divine, because the summary of The Savage Grace does contain a couple of spoilers for the first two books:


Grace Divine, daughter of the local pastor, always knew something terrible happened the night Daniel Kalbi disappeared—the night she found her brother Jude collapsed on the porch, covered in blood. But she has no idea what a truly monstrous secret that night really held. And when Daniel returns three years later, Grace can no longer deny her attraction to him, despite promising Jude she’ll stay away.As Grace gets closer to Daniel, her actions stir the ancient evil Daniel unleashed that horrific night. Grace must discover the truth behind Jude and Daniel's dark secret . . . and the cure that can save the ones she loves. But she may have to lay down the ultimate sacrifice to do it—her soul.

If you get a chance to get your hands on The Dark Divine Trilogy you really won't be disappointed.

Now, I'm about half way through The Savage Grace so I'm going to sign off with a Happy Hump Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment