Thursday, March 22, 2012

Anna and the French Kiss

Second post in a row!! Round of applause, anyone? No? Just stories from Mandy? Ok.

I've had tons going on this week and I'm also quite busy today, so my post won't be that long. I read a book a couple months ago and I just recommended it to a friend and she loved it, so I thought I'd share it with everyone. This isn't going to be a proper review, but here we go! 

The book is called Anna and the French Kiss and it's by Stephanie Perkins. I'll put the description from Stephanie's website here, since I'm terrible at summarizing stories.
"Anna was looking forward to her senior year in Atlanta, where she has a great job, a loyal best friend, and a crush on the verge of becoming more. So she's less than thrilled about being shipped off to boarding school in Paris—until she meets Étienne St. Clair. Smart, charming, beautiful, Étienne has it all . . . including a serious girlfriend.
But in the City of Light, wishes have a way of coming true. Will a year of romantic near-misses end with their long-awaited French kiss? Stephanie Perkins keeps the romantic tension crackling and the attraction high in a debut guaranteed to make toes tingle and hearts melt."
I really enjoyed this book. The main characters really pull you in, especially Anna and St. Clair, who are both funny and full of wit. I felt like I could connect to Anna and could see where she was coming from in the ways she reacted to the events in her life. I think it's a great coming of age story, and it accurately portrays a girl at that age. I loved how throughout the story, the way Anna reacted to similar situations changed as she matured and grew up. Paris is an amazing city for this story to take place; it's like a character in its own right. From the title, I had assumed it was going to be a cliche, cookie-cutter book but it really surprised me with the depth of character and emotions.

If you're looking for a book to read (or even if you're not) I would highly recommend Anna and the French Kiss! Give it a read and come back here and comment letting us know what you thought! If you have read it, let us know now! 

No comments:

Post a Comment