Friday, December 16, 2011

Well Crap...

So as I sat around earlier in the week when I should have been studying for finals, I started wondering what I was going to post about this week. Then I started thinking about my book and how I haven't written a single word since the middle of November. Needless to say, I did not win NaNoWriMo this year. And then I decided that I was going to write about either A) getting writers block and not knowing what to write, or B) not feeling like writing. Because lets face it, every author feels both of those things sometimes, and if they try to deny it they're lying to you.

I have had a serious case of the laziness going on when it comes to writing lately. I think it might have had to do with all the junk I had to do for school, with finals coming up. But regardless, I neglected my book. But it's okay, because no matter how long I wait to write another word, at least I've started, and I know that I can do it. True, I wish I could go back and keep writing when I wasn't, but the past is the past and I can't change it, so I'm not going to worry about it. In fact, I've decided that as soon as I finish up this blog post I am going to open up my document and continue where I left off. Because now I'm ready to continue. I'm through with school for the year, and now I am ready to devote countless hours to writing all day, every day, and drink way too much coffee than can possibly be good for me.

As far as writers block, it happens all too much. But the way I get around it is by writing as much as I can, about whatever comes to mind, whether it makes sense or not. I just keep writing, until I can't possibly think of anything else to write about. Most times that works for me, to get all of the junk that I'm thinking about out of my head. Then I can start fresh and continue working on whatever important thing it was I wanted to work on.

Well that's all I can think of to say, so I'll stop before I start rambling. My author I got for this post is David Foster Wallace.

No comments:

Post a Comment