Friday, December 9, 2011

My Gurrrls

As I was sitting in class today (English class, funnily enough) I started to wonder what I was going to post about today. A few topics ran through my head, but nothing seemed like anything I felt like writing about. Then I started thinking of what my gurrrls had posted, and I got the idea to write about "support groups". I'm not a very confident writer. I'd like to think that's a good thing though, because then I don't have high expectations for myself. I like to get feedback on my writing, but I don't like to show it to just anyone. I feel like I can send a portion of whatever it is that I'm writing to Amy, Mandy, Marissa, and Sydney, and I will always get honest feedback from them. Even if it's something that I don't want to hear, they're going to give it to me straight. It might hurt at first (lets face it, no one is perfect in their first draft), but in the end their feedback is only going to make my book better. And I appreciate that. And so my challenge for our readers, if anyone besides my gurrrls reads this, is to go out there and find a group of good friends that they can trust to give them good, honest feedback about whatever it is they're writing.

As far as answering Mandy's question about outlining, I despise outlining. I have never outlined for anything, unless it was an assignment at school. I'd rather just go with the flow and see wherever my book seems to go. I like not knowing whats going to happen until it pops into my head. Often I'll only know the beginning of my book and the end, and the middle is left to be discovered.

My author that I got for this post is Chuck Palahniuk.

No comments:

Post a Comment