Monday, May 14, 2012

So although I said I would never do it...

So as I am sitting here in class, bored to death watching people present their mindless topics about historical people, I figured that I would hop on here and write a post, because none of my other gurrrls seem to be doing that as of late... (cough cough!) I have not had nearly enough time to write lately, due to an endless amount of projects from my teachers (two history projects, and English project, two papers in my music class and studying for a written and oral final in Spanish). However, I have been doing a lot of thinking about where I want to go to college, my major, etc. And I have come to the conclusion that I want to change my major, despite the fact that I claimed (years ago) that I would never change my major!

As much as I tried to deny the reality that my original choice was not the right option for me, I decided to give in and change it, because I don't want to live the rest of my life with regret for not doing what I wanted. My original major choice was a double major in Business Administration and English. I wanted to open my own bakery, and write on the side, just for myself. But being a baker just isn't realistic for me: I have scoliosis, and though it doesn't look like it affects me, standing for long amounts of time puts me in loads of pain. Sooooo, long story short, I have decided to change my major from Business Administration/English to a major in Journalism and a minor in English. And I feel like I will be able to enjoy that a ton more that I could have with my prior choice.

There's just one small problem: I have to tell my mom. I feel like she is going to be really judgmental about this. She's always been the one to support whatever I want to do, but I think she'll just question my decision. "Are you sure that's what you want to do?", etc. So hopefully this won't turn out bad. If I don't post ever again... you know something bad happened. Just kidding... or not.

My author: David Foster Wallace

No comments:

Post a Comment