Thursday, May 31, 2012

How Much Can You Fit On Your Plate?

I know, I know! I'm the worst! My gurrrls and I have been slacking so much with our posts but I am undoubtedly the greatest offender. It's been a couple months, at the least, since I posted and I just realized that it's Thursday so I decided to just blog. Once I made this decision, it struck me how many things I need to do that I neglect, just like this blog, and that's what I'm going to talk about today.

I'm sure I'm not the only one this happens to. Someone close to you asks you to be a part of something and you don't want to say no and let them down. Not only that but you really want to be a part of the project, whatever it may be. Or maybe, you underestimate the time commitment. Stuff like this happens to me all the time, until I realize that I have way more going on than I can handle and it makes me want to do none of it. Right now I'm on summer break but usually I've got school, work on Hogwarts Radio, work on Shadowkissed.net, editing and recording the podcast for SK.net, this blog, possibly two new podcasts, writing, and then of course, life.

The point of this is to show that you have to know what you can handle and when to say no. I find that even though I enjoy all of these things, the sheer amount of things I have to do overwhelms me and prevents me from  doing any of it. I need to learn when to say no and what I can handle. This is the only way that the important things will get done. I think everyone deals with this at some point on some scale, maybe more or less than I do. So let's all try to balance our workloads a little better! And I'll try to post more regularly!

Until next time! xoxo

Author: Cory Doctorow ( I should probably read this guy's stuff since I get him every time.)

(Reading this post back, I realize that in my quest to get my thoughts out, my post turned out  very rambly and my point is poorly made. Oh, well. Sorry!)

No comments:

Post a Comment