Thursday, May 31, 2012

For a long while...

Today I will take my Spanish 102 final and I will be DONE with college for this semester. Needless to say, I am very excited because this means my summer break can finally start! Summer finally starting means a few things for me. 1) I have a couple of vacations coming up, and I am quite excited to be able to get out of the miserable dry patch of land that I must call home. 2) I will have a lot of free time, both for reading and writing, and hopefully even a little bit of transcribing for the lovely Hogwarts Radio. I really have missed being able to wake up and read from the time I wake up all the way through til the wee hours of the night, with interruptions only for eating and bathroom breaks. Reading marathons are a staple of my summer agenda. 3) I don't have to wake up early every morning to go to a school where I don't particularly learn anything of the utmost importance.

I know that school is important and all, that it helps us to become who we are, blah blah blah. But I've been ready for summer break since... oh about February. I've had so-called "senioritis" (the sickness when you're a senior and you don't have the motivation to do anything related to school because you're so ready for it to be over) for about three months, and I'm not even a senior yet! I can only imagine how bad it'll get next year.

After I walk out of my college class tonight, I will officially be a senior in high school. It is so weird to think that in just a year, I will be graduating from high school. In a little over 4 months, I will begin applying to colleges. Everything just seems to be crashing down all at once, and I'll be honest, things are a little bit overwhelming. But I'm going to just take things one day at a time.

Until next time! DFTBA!

(P.S. I hope to be much more regular with my posts now that it is summer break! Although I can make no promises whilst I am on vacation; I won't have access to a computer!)

My Author: Stephen King

No comments:

Post a Comment