Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Please Forgive Us

I hope that our readers will forgive us, because we have all been so terrible about posting lately. It's been a good month since any of us have posted (except Marissa! She's so good!) and I'm sure everyone has stopped checking out our page every day because they've given up hope for us. I totally get it, I'd get tired of waiting too. Personally, I am going to be trying really hard to post regularly. Not only on here, but on the other websites that I work on too ( http://shadowkissed.net , http://hogwartsradio.com , and just recently, as in today, http://hunger-games.net ). I have been a slacker far too long, and I want to get involved again. I miss this. So be expecting weekly posts from me again.

So now to writing. Today, in my English class, we were going over essays that we wrote a month or so ago, and the teacher was asking for people to volunteer their paper to be shown on the board as an example of how to edit our papers to a "publishable draft" as our teacher calls it. So, being the good student I am, I volunteered mine for everyone to look at, thinking "Oh, so what if they see how horribly I did on my paper," (I didn't ever finish reading the book that we were supposed to, so I assumed that I did horribly on the paper). So the teacher pulls up my paper, scrolls through it and there are no errors in my paper. Not a single one. I was shocked. It was a pleasant surprise, and it makes me have more confidence in my writing, but I am still a very self-conscious writer. I am always wondering if what I've written is good enough, or if people'll like it. That it another thing that I want to start working on though: having more faith in my writing, and not caring whether others like it or not. My writing should make me happy, no matter how good or bad it is.

I'll be back on Friday with my regularly scheduled post for everyone :)

My Author: Cory Doctorow

No comments:

Post a Comment