Friday, February 24, 2012

A New Page...

I didn't post last week. I have no excuses. So now that that is out of the way, I'm going to get today's post underway. Today has been a wonderful day so far. In fact, as soon as I finish this post I'm heading over to Starbucks. And earlier this week I picked up my midnight showing tickets for The Hunger Games (I can barely contain my excitement that the movie is less than a month away... Sorry Mandy! :P). So this week has been really good for me.

With the news of J.K. Rowling's new book also coming this week, I thought that I would write about that. Queen Rowling has moved on from her old project, something you might have heard of before called Harry Potter. And now she has moved on to a new project, one that has yet to be announced. And for all of us who are incredibly sad that she isn't writing more Potter books, sometimes you just need to move on as a writer. Change toppics. I have my project that I started for NaNoWriMo last year, and I've not touched it since December. I haven't had the urge to continue it. But I have started a few new projects, that I think have some promise. And I think thats what Jo did with Harry too. Though she wants to put out an encyclopedia of Potter, she needed to move on to something else for a while. Just because she isn't working on Potter now doesn't mean she won't in ten years. And just because I've not continues my NaNo book doesn't mean that I won't continue it sometime in the next year.

My Author: (coincidentally enough) J.K. Rowling

P.S. Girl Scout cookies come in this weekend! I shall send pics to my gurrrls of all of the cookie chaos in my garage tonight :)

No comments:

Post a Comment