Friday, February 10, 2012

Just Writing to Say Hello...

I recently had a conversation with a friend about the book The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky. We were talking about how Charlie's letters seemed to help him and that we wished we could have something like that to get our emotions out there. So I said "Why don't we just do it?". He was a little hesitant at first, but after decided on fake names for both of us to use, we said we'd do it. I don't think we are going to mail them or anything, but you never know. Even just writing things out is sure to help somewhat. I'm quite excited and am going to start writing my letter as soon as I'm done with this blog post.

The point I wanted to make in this post is that sometimes, you can't talk to people you know about troubles you may going through. Whether it's because you can't trust them, don't think they'd understand what you're going through, or simply can't find the right words. But writing can help with a lot of things. And even if you're not writing letters to some random stranger like Charlie is, you can still write. Write in a journal, on a white board, write wherever (as long as it's legal!). Something that I like to do when I get really emotional is write down all of my sad/mad/angry feelings onto a piece of paper, and then burn it. It makes me feel as though all my problems are burning along with that paper, and I'm free to feel better emotions. And this usually happens... at least once a week. My gurrrls know that sometimes my mom just makes me want to crawl up into a ball and die. But I would never do that because there are plenty of people who love my who would be very sad if I did such a stupid thing.

SO my point is, write. Write about your emotions, all of them. It helps. It really does. And that's coming from someone who feels like they could break down every day.

For Sydney: That is a really good question. After immediately thinking of J.K. Rowling, I also thought of John Green and then I went to Stephen Chbosky. So I suppose my answer would be a mix between thee three of them. But really I'd be happy with any of them.

P.S. Ten points to anyone who can guess what name my friend came up for me to write my letters as! <3:Dx

My author: William Shakespeare

No comments:

Post a Comment