Monday, February 6, 2012

Keep Trying

Yes, I'm late. I had a busy Friday night, and then a busy weekend, and I never got around to coming on to post. Heck, I was lucky I found time to go read chapter 6 of Mandy's story. But, while I wasn't on here posting my highly awaited blog post (that's sarcasm, if you can't tell), I was getting my inspiration for my post.

Friday night I went to my school's talent show. And as always, there's the really good acts, and the ones that are... sub par. They don't suck but they're not the best, if you know what I mean. And it made me think of writing. Some people are incredibly adept at it, and others could use some help. But you know what they all have in common? The courage to go out there and risk making a fool of themselves because they are doing what they love to do. And that's how I feel about writing. I'm not the most confident person in my writing, but whenever I do show someone a bit of it, whether it's personal writing or a school assignment, I always seem to get lots of positive feedback about how great I am at writing. You'd think that'd convince me? Well, it doesn't. But I still continue to write because I love doing it. And that should be everyone's inspiration to write. Not because you have to or you think you might become famous from it (because lets face it, it's hard to become a well-known author), but because you truly want to.

My author: Cory Doctorow

No comments:

Post a Comment