Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Life Of Music

Ever since I was little, music was a big part of my life. I didn't grow up learning the piano, but I was in the school choir from the time I was in 4th grade to when I transferred schools, along with the clarinet in fifth grade. I played the flute in junior high and high school, learned the guitar in high school, and was also part of my high school's handbell choir. That love of music moved with me into writing and other things in my life.

I issued the challenge because I was curious as to how music and writing affected my co-bloggers.

My music in relation to what I'm writing is in two parts. I have this odd kind of story, where it's being told through one character's point of view, while there's a diary involved that tells the story of another character. It's extremely different to what I've written in the past and I happen to like how it's going.

The first song I'm going to talk about has to do with my main character, who I admit I had to go through my iTunes and find a song to match with her. She's thrown into a world that's not her own just like most fantasy stories, right? But she's one of those girls who believes in science more than fantasy. That is why I picked It's Not Fantasy by Kari Kimmel.


My second character whose story is told is my main character's older sister. This story is told through diary entries that Marissa happens to love. This one has to do with something that has not been revealed in the story and only one person knows. The song I chose for her is Somewhere Only We Know by Keane sung by the Warblers.



My last relevant song that sets the whole tone of the story. I am going to be a nerd and choose Part of Your World from The Little Mermaid, sung by Darren Criss. I just love the idea of wanting to be someone else and being told no. Isn't that always part of life?



As you can see, my music ranges and I love Darren Criss just a little bit. I've got 80's rock, a lot of 90's music, and some current artists. I just hit shuffle on iTunes and skip around until I've got a good song I like.

Finally, just because I'm a nerd and thought this was hilarious as I was writing out this blog entry. I'm done after this, I swear.

No comments:

Post a Comment