Saturday, November 26, 2011

Beginnings Are Easy

"I'll be writing until I can't write anymore. It's a compulsion with me. I love writing." JK Rowling

Reading and writing has always been an extremely large part of my life. In first grade, I was in the only reading group that was reading chapter books in my class. In fourth grade, I wrote and published my first book as part of a class assignment. In sixth grade, I started writing to escape a reality I wasn't too fond of at the time. That's where I'll begin.

In sixth grade, I was forced to move from everything I'd ever known. It was only a twenty minute car ride from where we had moved, but I still had no friends and was known as the nerd in my class because I was always reading. I found comfort in the books I read from Harry Potter, which I had been growing up with, to Shannon Hale novels which are still some of my favorite books. Not long after, I began creating my own worlds where I could escape from the reality of being a nerd, the only girl in my family, and the only child who was not ADHD or Autistic.

From there, I would write every chance I got. I wrote about magic and far away lands that weren't so out of reach. I always had a love of fantasy, so that's where most of my stories were based. Fantasy worlds that were still within our own realm.

I've never strayed too far away from that sight. I still write about normal people who don't fit in or even people who fit in extremely well who are taken away to a new world. I love researching myths and fantasy, trying to twist them to fit my own need. It's always going to be something I hold close to my heart and something I'm never going to give up on.

If I get published, that would be amazing. I'm not saying I would ever be the next Stephen King or JK Rowling, but I would love to have a physical copy of a book and just be able to say, "I did this. This is a goal I have been able to reach."

I don't think I'd ever be able to get as good feedback as I get from my girls I do this blog with. I know that I can send them something and be told what's good or what needs to be changed. Especially with a big portion of my book, I know that I can send it to Marissa and she will help me decide if there's something that shouldn't be revealed until later in the story.

You girls are amazing and I feel so lucky to have been able to meet you. If it wasn't for Hogwarts Radio or ShadowKissed.Net in Amy's case, I don't know where I would be right now. You girls will always be my biggest inspiration.

Now, I have a challenge for our bloggers in next week's posts. Find a song that describes what you're writing and explain why you chose it and how it relates to your writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment